Matlab Articulatory Analysis Macros
Matlab is a graphical mathematical processing environmentsuitable for the manipulation and display of data which is acquired from measurement instruments such as EM(M)A. This page provides macros for Matlab which may be of use for the analysis of speech and articulatory signals.
- EMA Tools: Interface for analysing EM(M)A and EPG data simultaneously written by Noel Nguyen.
- Cochlear models and spectrograms : Macros for auditory modelling written by Malcom Slaney at Interval and Apple, including spectrogram macros and cochlear models.
- Formant tracking & synthesis: (UNIX) (Windows) Macros for formant tracking and synthesis written by Peter Assman
- ATR sundries Macros for reading ATR PCM files and MRI data stuff by Mark Tiede
- VELMA VELMA is a MATLAB package supporting analysis and characterization of movement trajectories in terms of via-points computed using a jerk-minimizing criterion (Flash & Hogan 1985) adapted from SPEECH_VIA2.C by Yasuhiro Wada. The theoretical background has been described in Wada, Y. and M. Kawato, "A theory for cursive handwriting based on the minimization principle," Biological Cybernetics, 73, pp. 3-13, (1995). Application to analysis of speech articulator trajectories has been discussed in Vatikiotis-Bateson, E., M. Tiede, Y. Wada, V. Gracco, & M. Kawato, "Phoneme extraction using via point estimation of real speech," ICSLP 94 Proceedings, pp. 45-48.